Thursday, July 27

Painting from Life is extremely important.
For me it is essential, that as a realistic painter, I go directly to nature to learn how she works. I do not want to paint a picture of a photographic representation's of nature I want to paint paintings of MY representation's of nature... Big difference, after all I have two eyes.


24"X20" Oil on linen

This absolutely stunning model was with my painting group for two, three hour sessions and even with that amount of time I still did not feel I had long enough. I focused mostly on the face and feel it is pretty successful, although looking at it now I wish I would not have left her left hand looking like a crab claw.

2 Comments:

Blogger "van Vliet" Art Blog said...

I love these poses. It is similiar to the one that I just did only this is red and that is blue. Nice refinement of features in her face.

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fresh colors sing everywhere with out pulling you from her face.
Nice job.
CDK

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home